Monday, June 18, 2007

What a fathers day!

We started off the day with a 2 1/2 hour drive to some "gold medal" waters. 11 mile to be exact. Fishing as a family is not my idea of fun, but you know what it wasn't about me yesterday now was it. It was about Aba. And he loves fly fishing. So while I am sitting at the edge of the river with Baby B in a back pack and yelling calmly keeping J and B out of the water, then in the shallow areas (only as deep as the knees) N and Aba are having a great time fishing. N managed to only hook himself once! He was so proud, and proudly exclaimed that to Aba at the end of the day. What he forgot to mention is that he hooked himself once, B once, J once, and me once, along with countless trees and bushes that he had me untangle for him.

And we got pictures. Lots of pictures. And strangers got pictures. Every time N would get a fish on the stream of cars driving by the river would slow to a crawl and cameras would come flying out! I have no idea who these people were, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on web pages and scrapbooks across the country! ( I don't know if it was the fact that a young boy was fly fishing, or the fact that a young boy and his dad were fly fishing together on fathers day.

Anyways happy belated fathers day to all the dads out there, hope you had "tight lines" too!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket