Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PTO makes me crazy!!!

I have no idea why I signed up to help, probably because I had no idea just how dysfunctional and frustrating they could be!

If I ever try to volunteer again, shoot me!

Somehow I got involved in the fall festival, no I am not the lead, but the lead seems to lack, how do you say it nerve. Less than a a month away from the event and she still didn't have an official proposal, no budget, no estimated costs. It is a good thing that after Aba and I discussed the situation today when he got home we decide that this event better not get screwed up since the Kids are building booths for it! So I made a proposal, got a budget, and worked the particulars. And we got approved for funds. But now incompetent team leader is at the reins again. I would happily take over just to get the thing done with, but she won't share any information, just asked tons of opinions of anyone possible and then doesn't do anything with the info!!! Aaarghh! I am so frustrated.

And to top it off, now she wants to change the date and time yet again! It is less than a month away, we are on break for the next 2 weeks, and the date has already been approved and publicized!

I seriously think after this event, if we haven't sold our house yet, I am removing myself from the PTO. I do not think I can handle there incompetence anymore.