Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Outside my comfort zone

So I recently joined, or rather started attending ( not sure how one actually joins) Ns' school PTO (Parent Teacher Organization, the new PTA) meetings. At my first meeting last month, they assigned the task of obtaining donations (of course, isn't this what PTO/A is famous for?), these donations are to be raffled off (oops, so sorry we are not supposed to use the term raffle as it has gambling connotations), rather given away by random drawing to anyone who chooses to attend our event or to purchase a ticket. Well, they set a goal of 10 donations (per PTO member? or total? not sure which) that I was very uncomfortable in doing, as I would have to go outside my comfort zone; to speak to total strangers; to ask for help, and I decided to try to gather donations anyways.

Well, today I did it, and I think I did a good job for my first attempt! I have 4 donations lined up! 2 certificates in hand, 1 to pick up tomorrow, and 1 to be mailed to the school directly. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

So now the only question is am I done? or do I need to get 6 more????