Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cheaper by the Dozen 2

*click on the orange text*

Cheaper by the Dozen 2 is my pick of the week. They did a great job of making this sequel not feel like a sequel, but rather an Original Movie. The movie also played on ones emotions well, some times I was laughing out load, while at others I was on the verge of tears.

The runners up this week were 13 going on 30, although I have seen this movie before it makes for something good to watch when there is nothing else on, however I do find the slumber party scene very unrealistic and it does not set the best example for young children of acceptable behavior. This tied with Lovewrecked a made for TV movie on ABCfamily in general I like this stations original movies, they tend to have good plots, are family appropriate and entertaining.

The children's movie this week was an old classic He-Man Master of the Universe and while not something I would sit down to watch, it is a movie they all enjoyed that was appropriate for all of them to watch. 2 pluses about this are that the DVD is broken down into individual episodes, so the children can watch a bit of TV with out being glued to it for 2 hours, and at the end of each episode the moral of the story is pointed out and explained.

My least favorite this week is MI:III ie: Mission Impossible 3. While I thoroughly enjoyed the original, This movie definitely felt like a sequel. I would not take the time to watch it again. The story has been played out, and honestly it felt like they were stretching for a believable plot.