Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Soup in the Sukkah

Well, Aba twisted my arm last night and had me go to the Jewish Women's circle, well actually he didn't really twist my arm, instead he told the Rabbi's wife that I would LOVE to go, and would definitely be there, and then told me I was going. and do you know what? I actually had FUN!

I have no idea why I was resisting so hard. I was picturing a bunch of old women sitting around, speaking Hebrew and debating the scholars ( like the men do it Torah study), but it was nothing like that! 12 of us, mainly SAHM's or former SAHM's enjoyed 4 wonderful soups, one recipe that will definitely be added to my cookbook log, and talked about Sukkot a little bit, but also about cake decorating, and played Jewish scattagories. It was a lot of fun, so much fin it was 11 o'clock before we finally wrapped it up (sorry to all of our husbands who were at home watching the kids).

I can't wait for next months meeting, I will definitely be a regular attender.

UPDATE: the soup recipe
Kosher and Parve
Creamy Potato Soup

4 large potatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup parsley, minced
2 TBSP. Kosher salt
1/2 TSP pepper

Put everything in a 4 quart pot, cook uncovered on moderate heat for 30 - 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth ( can also be done in a conventional blender.

** My bowl was topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and homemade croutons**